Saturday 17 August 2013

Thinking ahead

Since the other one got so long I figured I'll write another one today. Two in one day, I do spoil you!
I finished another chapter of my story yesterday and I've come pretty far. There's not much left. So I've beginning to think of a new story, what I might write after this. I know I have a lot of ideas already in my head, but I don't really want to write them right now. I don't want to start writing on something and then just stop before I've finished it. This story I'm writing on now might be the first one I've finished since I was fourteen years old. I'm 22 now, by the way. So I kind of wonder... What makes this story diffirent from all the other ones I've started? Why can I finish this one and not any other? I haven't come up with the real answer yet. I thought it was like any other story, but apparently not since I'm finishing this one. So I thought, maybe it's because the character have a goal? All my other characters doesn't seem to have a goal they just accept the things I lay opon them. I don't know.

This weekened I was faced with warmth and my inspiration came from that. A family reunion. With magic and wonders. I pictured something similar to the situation I was. Everyone just having fun in their own way. I tried to expand on that idea there, but ended up with nothing. But the scene stuck in my head and I've thought about it more. What if, I put something I experienced in these stories... Will it be easier to finish them then?

I lost a very dear friend of mine. Turns out she wasn't what I thought she was. I thought she was much stronger than she showed me, but it turns out she was just a coward hiding from reality in all the little troubles she could find. She treated me like... I don't know, not as a person anyway and I didn't like that. I wasn't feeling well at the time, the year 2012 really broke me down, so I broke the contact with her. Figured I really needed to get better, to get back to my old strong self. I figured I could use this in my next story. On the way home, me and my mother talked about how friends drift apart. They usually do. Could I work in this in my story? So instead of it being a family reunion, that scene became something like "I want to back to those happy times". I figured this family would drift apart and most of them would take a wrong turn in life. But still, most of them just want a home and a happy family to return to whenever they were finished with whatever they were doing. Friends drift apart, but a family should always be there for you... You think that would be a good story? You think that would be interesting? And hey, I haven't told you everything I've been thinking. For instance... I haven't told you what these family members are doing, or why they took the wrong turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment